Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pushing through the BS

While contemplating issues I have had at work recently, words came into my head: nobody moves up without losing favoritism. I have only been at my company less than a year but have made a few personal and professional strides, and I often get negative vibes from others - vibes I didn't get when I was a non-threatening newbie. One of my co-workers was discussing similar issues she has with people gossiping and feeling negatively toward her, and I was shocked by this. Having worked beside her, I couldn't imagine anyone acting this way toward this sweet, compassionate, hard working individual. She laughed when I expressed this and stated that, in essence, all of her good traits are exactly why she receives the negative attention.

Never be a person who compares yourself to others. Be a person who is too busy improving yourself to give a second thought to competition or comparisons. Some of us are pushers, some more laid back. But accept this about yourself, love it, and if you do not, change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment